Mulavukad Grama Panchayath is a small village situated very close to Cochin city comprising of two islands named as Mulavukad and Vallarpadom. The village is in the developing stage and it requires lot more infrastructure development and facility up gradation for the betterment.
Plastic and solid waste is the major waste from villagers. Most of the plastic is disposed off by throwing it to rivers and backwaters. The water bodies are contaminated due to this and resulted in degradation of marine resources .One of the major problem faced by the Panchayath is the non availability of land for disposing the waste .Thus the systematic control of waste and waste management becomes a major priority.
In order to promote organic cultivation of vegetables, grow bags can be given to all houses. This can be initiated and promoted through “Kudumbasree” units and this may help them to gain some additional income. The Mulavukad Co- operative bank, agricultural department and Panchayath are interested in supporting organic cultivation and conventional “Pokkali” cultivation in the village.
Mulavukad Panchayath is declared as an ODF. But, more developments in the field of sanitation are necessary. The Panchayath is vigilant in implementing the best practices in this area. More modern toilets and bio toilets can be installed in various public places.
The existing Main roads and link roads are not enough to serve the transportation requirements across the village. Development of Main road, Link roads, constructions of new roads and bridges , construction of sewage canals are one of the major concern area.
The “Keraleswaram” bridge needs immediate maintenance. Infrastructure development in “ Anganvaadi” and Govt. Schools should be taken care. Lack of good play grounds and other related infrastructure is another major issue in the Panchayath. The development of cultural centers, arts and sports hubs needs to be addressed.
In order to promote renewable resources of energy, Solar street lamps across the Panchayath are recommended.
Mulavukad village have great potential in terms of Tourism. Beautification and infrastructure development of the various tourism spots will encourage tourism in the village. Walkways, Floating restaurants, boating facilities, beach development etc. are proposed as part of the tourism development.
Health and Wellness is another major area. One PHC and 2 sub centers are there in the Panchayath. The infrastructure needs improvement. One ambulance is required for the paliative care unit. Old age home and Bud’s school are under construction.
The water supply facility in the village is very poor. 2 water tanks are there in each islands but the condition of these water tanks are so poor due to non maintenance. New water tanks in both the islands are there in the hotlist. The water pipe line system needs improvement. The Panchayath constructed one pond at Mulavukad north and it can be used for drinking water supply. There are more than 500 houses that need immediate drinking water pipe connection.
Ward Wise Survey Report
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 1
Ward Member: Deepthi Sajan
1. Construction of new road from Ambalaparambu to Ayanikad
2. Construction of new road from bus stand to puthiya road
3. Bund and pavement construction at poozhithodu
4. Implement waste management system across the ward especially to segregate plastic wastes
5. Construct sewage canal on both sides of main road
6. Construct pavement to connect ward 16 and ward 1
7. Install solar lamps in the streets
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 2
Ward Member: Mini Paul
1. Replacement of old public drinking water taps in the ward
2. Bund construction to prevent the saline water
3. Drinking water processing plant
4. Construction and development of canals
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 4
Ward Member: M R Rajeev
1. Construction of waiting shed and cultural centre
2. Bio Bin in all houses for waste disposal
3. Maintenance of keraleshwarapuram bridge
4. Solar streets across the ward
5. Sewage canal construction in kurishingal road
6. Stone wall construction for prevention from Saline water
7. Promotion of organic farming
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 5
Ward Member: Benny
1. Promote Bio bin, Bio pot and Biogas in all the houses
2. Create awareness in order to reduce the use of plastic
3. Implement proper mechanism to collect and dispose wastes.
4. Build model roads – Stella Maris road and Ambhedkar colony link road
5. Ensure drinking water supply to all houses
6. Rain water harvesting system should be installed in each and every houses in the ward
7. Increase the depth of ponds and canals
8. Construct new water tank in Ponnarimangalam
9. Replace the existing water supply pipes.
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 6
Ward Member: Antony Aneesh
1. Construction of Model Road – Cicily Jetty road
2. Development of panchayath play ground and park
3. Protect Puthuvady thodu, Eliyathodath thodu, Kulathara thodu and kurupputhara thodu from rivulets and saline water
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 7
Ward Member: Bony Aruja
1. Convert the exisiting play ground as an arts and sports center
2. Beautification of land near Mulavukad Police station ( Garden and rest house)
3. Provide Bio- waste bins to each and every house in the ward
4. Construct road and sewage canal near Anglo Indian School road
5. Implement efficient systems to prevent aggression of saline water
6. Development of Kattath canal, choolakkal padannaparambu canal, Kaithakad maniyanthara canal, Pandaraparambu Lopez canal and Hospital - Rachana library canal
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 8
Ward Member: Ramesh K R
1. Beautification of road under Container road bridge
2. Improve the rivulets in the ward so that the Aqua culture can be promoted
3. Solve the acute shortage of drinking water
4. Beautification of main road
5. Development of play grounds in the ward
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 9
Ward Member: Felsy
1. Conduct awareness session on waste management in the ward
2. Provide pipe compost to the 396 houses in the ward.
3. Prevention of water bodies : cleaning of Avarachan Thodu
4. Eradicate drinking water shortage : pipe connection to all houses
5. Development of link road between Container road and water tank
6. Development of methassery road
7. Bio toilet in houses across the ward
8. Smart class rooms in the High school
9. Development of the existing playground and library
10. Development of basic infrastructure in the “Anganvaadi”
11. Provide Grow bags to all houses in order to promote organic farming
12. Install solar street lights in the ward
13. Infrastructure development in the hospital
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 10
Ward Member: P R Sasi
1. Construction of connectivity road between ward 9 and 10
2. Sewage canal construction at Madathara, pullithara and Kadeparambu
3. Construct a new water tank
4. Construction of cultural center near service road
5. Encourage organic kitchen garden in all houses
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 11
Ward Member: Mejo C M
1. New “Anganvadi” and Library in ward 11
2. Canal construction at Methassery Ponjikara Rafi Road and North Jetty road
3. Completion of Pallathuparambu North West line road
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 12
Ward Member: Viji Shajan
1. Waste processing plant
2. Drinking water supply to all houses
3. Upgrade existing street lights to solar lights
4. Development of roads
5. Day Dwelling facility in the bare land of Port trust
6. Infrastructure development of Anganvadi
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 13
Ward Member: Adv. Elsy George
1. A Green toilet at Vallarpadam Junction
2. Anganvadi block
3. Incinerator to process wastes
4. New road construction from Aanavathikkal to kandathara.
5. Construction of old post office lane road
Mulavukad Village, Ward – 14
Ward Member : M R Madhu
1. Conduct awareness session on green village across the village
2. Promote conventional organic farming system.
3. Implement proper actions to control the dumping of wastes in public places
4. Implement systems to control saline water during tide variations
5. Build new canals in the existing roads to eradicate water logging
6. Ensure public participation.
Mulavukad Village, Ward - 15
Ward Member: T A Indira
1. Renewal of crematorium
2. Day dwelling at malikapparambu colony
3. Road construction at kalluveettil
4. Development of kollamparamb road , south road sahaya saugam , kinco jelly south road
Mulavukad Village , Ward -16
Ward Member : Rose Mary
1. Development of pipeline road (new road ), Kadavil Parambu road, Koonacharathodu road, Kadavaram road, Poozhithodu and Pullithara road.
2. Construction of new “Anganvadi”
5 Promote organic farming in the available agricultural land
6 Modification of the existing pond and construction of a park.
7 Implement proper waste management system across the ward
8 Promote Aqua-culture.